From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:04:44 -0400
Richard:
Most of us would never be able to tell the difference in performance between
the two processors. It would only show up if you are doing work that really
leans on the CPU, such as heavy statistical or mathematical analysis,
graphics, CAD, very serious gaming, etc. The only other benefit would be that
you would be able to brag about having the fastest machine around until the
next faster version is released. My advice would be to use the $142.50 to
beef up some other part of your system.

Which reminds me: Athlons run very, very hot, and are very fussy about power
supplies and cooling. Be sure to go to the AMD website (www.amd.com) and
review their current recommendations before you spend any money.
Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                          http://freepctech.com