From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 08:12:17 -0800
Thank you to all for the feedback. I finally decided to buy the Pacific
Digital unit assuming it was an NEC 1300A (that is what they had been
shipping according to reports on the net). Turned out that it is actually a
BTC DRW1004IM which was only recently introduced. It has some good reviews
and can burn CDR at 40x! Have not used it to burn anything yet, so no
personal experience yet. It does show that with Pacific Digital, you never
know what it is you are buying - can be good or bad! In my case, the $90
price at Staples appears to have been a good deal. I will post a "eat my
words" article if I end up having trouble:)

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml