From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:26:59 -0400
The bus speed you are using is strictly speaking 166MHz, the POST screen
reports 333MHz because it is a double data rate bus.  It's similar to
Pentium 4s being referred to as running on 533 or 800 MHz buses.  The actual
clock speed of these P4 buses is only 133 and 200 MHz, but they are "quad
pumped".  The Athlon XP mobiles are designated to run on a 133 MHz (or 266
MHz DDR) bus with a very high multiplier.  Since most desktop motherboards
won't be capable of a multiplier higher than 12.5, it is best to run them on
a higher speed bus with a lower multiplier on these desktop motherboards.

Glad to hear that you figured out why your processor was running so hot.
Perhaps the Barton core that they use is the reason that the old shim no
longer fits.

John Sproule