From:
John O Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 11:41:43 -0400
Sounds like a proportional spacing issue.  Before sending any characters
to the printer that will generate a printed character, send a control
code that will switch to a monospaced font like Courier and see if that
doesn't help to resolve the problem.  Otherwise, you may wish to try to
experiment with using Tab characters to get things to align properly
instead of spaces.

-JOWj.

"The Pledge of Allegiance says, 'With liberty and justice for ALL.'  What
part of ALL do you not understand?" - Rep. Pat Schroder.

On Sat, 22 May 1999, Robert F. Decker wrote:

> I am trying to use the HP PCL Printer Commands on an HP DeskJet 1120C to
> format the print out from a program written in QBasic 45.
..snip..
> Everything has worked out OK except attempts to construct a righthand edge
> border around the internal text material.  The top border line uses Left
> Upper Corner, a string of horiz line segments terminating in a Right Upper
> Corner.
> Next line starts with Vertical Line Segment at Left hand margin, which
> aligns perfectly with the vertical portion of Left corner character. This
> line then continues with some spaces followed by text, then additional
> spaces to the Right Hand border, terminated by a Vertical Line Segment. This
> segment will not align with the Vertical portion of the Right corner
> character, but is offset by part of a character width, though both are in
> the same character "column".  This same offset is perpetuated thruout rest
> of print out.
..snip..

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html