Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 17:15:34 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Salkovitz Kohn <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Saturday, April 10, 1999 1:38 PM

>Is anyone here an expert on the Iomega ZipDrive "Click of Death"
problem.....etc...>
.............so my question is -- do I have a permanent problem or not?
.....Is the drive now going to miswrite at this  22-minute point on all my
cartridges, so that I should be trying to get a >replacement from Iomega (I
think that I am 3 months beyond warranty, of
>course)?
>
>Is this a big enough problem that I should be switching my archive media to
>something else, and if so, what?  (and if not now, when? <g>)  Are more
>recently manufactured Zip drives more reliable??
>
>Thanks.
>Lisa Salkovitz Kohn
I'm no expert on the subject, but your experience sounds very similar to
mine, and I would advise contacting Iomega and see what they will do.  They
replaced my drive, long after warranty and sent some replacement cartridges
for three I had problems with.  Was able to transfer much of material to the
new cartridges and they wanted all the replaced items drives and cartridges
back which I returned.  After their big hasstle earlier and court settlement
etc, they were very solicitous and hopefully still are.  I have a sheaf of
e-mail messages but perhaps this one below will provide the info to get you
started: