From:
Mike Whalen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 22:34:53 -0500
Hello Kay,

KM> I have changed the cable (twice) and moved the printer to a different PC
KM> with a different operating system.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the
KM> printer.   I have downloaded the latest drivers from HP.   The symptoms
KM> remain the same.

Just like Larry said, you've done much already.

If you have all the latest drivers, as you said, then there isn't much
more to do.

Some things I'm wondering about:

1. Can you successfully print a Windows Test Page?

2. Will the printer work on a Windows 9x system?

3. If you boot via a floppy into DOS, will the printer print?

4. If you shut down ever non-essential NT process, will the printer
work then?

After all that, I'd be willing to call it dead. :-) But I completely
understand if you just want to pick it and get a new one.

Cheers,

Mike Whalen