From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 08:49:21 -0500
I run my zip drive off of a Jazz PIC SCSCI adapter, using the advantis
chipset, with a single inernal 50 pin (narrow) cable connector, and a 25 pin
ecternal connector.  It costs about 35.00 retail, and usually comes with the
zip if you buy a retail kit.  Although you can add more ide ports, the SCSI
has the doubtful advantage of being a different bus, so it may have less an
impact on performance, and the external connection, so you can plug in
scanners, etc, if you like, although I'm betting external scsi peripherals
are in decline compared to competing standards usb, etc.
Tom Turak