From:
George W Hurless <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 14:39:11 -0600
You're *all* correct, you know.
I have a Microtek V310. I passed through to a B&W pin printer. Didn't
need the scanner on to boot. Got a bubble jet w/no on switch. Now I have
to turn on the scanner 1st or it will not boot. Only difference was the
printer. This is on a 486 sx2-50 & EPP.
Geo.

>> >The way it is set up now (printer connected to
>> >pass-through on the scanner), I have to turn on the >>>scanner to use
the printer.  Thanks again.

>> The term "pass-through" means that the scanner does not >>have to be
active.
>> I have both a ZIP drive and scanner  between my PC and >>printer.  The
printer works just fine with the scanner and/or >>the ZIP turned off.

>Three friends and I all bought Microtek V310 parallel port >scanners.
>MUST be powered on during bootup in order for the >computer to see
notonly the scanner, but to see the printer >attached to the scanner.*

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]