From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:26:48 -0800
Hi Geraldine,

Virtually all wireless products support encryption to prevent unauthorized
access unless they know the encryption keys. The most common method is WEP
(Wired Equivalency Privacy) encryption, and is pretty much standard among
the major vendors od wireless hardware. I recommend using 128 bit for
maximum protection (64 bit is also usually available). Just make sure you
use the EXACT same keys (or passphrase to generate the keys) and settings
both on your router and your wireless interfaces on your laptops.

Russ Poffenberger