From:
jimi moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:42:59 -0500
I'm trying to install an xfx 9800gt into my sons gateway machine model
#825gm. It won't boot...just a black screen. We get the one short beep code
saying all is good then it just repeats over and over.
The MB does not have an integrated video chip. It came with a ati card.
I have a OCZ gamestream 700 watt PS. Not sure of the amps but I know this is
well above the requirements for the 9800 gt.
 We have uninstalled all previous vid drivers.
It has a pcie slot that we've been running a evga 7950 for 2+ years but that
card has burned out. We put the preinstalled card, a ati radeon x300 SE back
in and it works fine. We tried the 9800 in my hp  machine and it worked
perfect.
We updated the bios to the august 2008 version. We did a update for the
chipset from 2008. Neither gateway or xfx can figure it out. Can anybody
here please
help?

thanks,

jimi