From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:33:24 -0800
My wife's computer started acting "funny" and I concluded that the hard
drive must have some errors. Since it was a Seagate ST317242A drive, I
downloaded the SeaTest diagnostic software from Seagate's site. My
suspicions seemed to be confirmed when the diagnostic software reported a
number of "irregularities" in the drive partitions. After running CHKDSK
with fix option, problems went away on one partition, but remained on the
other. I backed up the partition, deleted and recreated it, then did a full
format to NTFS (this is under XP Pro). Unfortunately for me, the CHKDSK
keeps saying that the drive is just fine, but the SeaTest diagnostics
continue to report serious errors on that partition.

Does someone have enough experience with SeaTest to advise me as to why this
may be happening? Unfortunately, the SeaTest program does not give much
information as to what the errors were. Also, any advice on other software I
might run to check the partition?

Thank you for any help. Please note that I have good expertise on computer
hardware and software, but not specifically to SeaTest.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com