From:
Max Mattar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:21:19 -0400
My suggestion to you is to purchase a router (a wireless access point
with an integrated Ethernet switch and firewall/router). The Ethernet
switch will be used to connect your desktop PCs. You will need a
wireless network interface card for you laptop. That takes care of the
internal network. Now, for Internet access, you should get a router with
a serial port integrated into the unit. Your router then connects to a
external modem. With this setup, your internet access is not dependent
on one dedicated PC having to be left on.

I recommend LINKSYS networking products. They're reliable and
affordable.

Best of luck,
Max Mattar