From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 13:05:50 -0800
98% of the time the motherboard is grounded by virtue of a screw that goes into
a metal post that, in turn, screws into the case.  Of course, this presumes that
the case is properly grounded, which leads to the question of whether the outlet
into which you have the computer plugged is properly grounded.

And I would rather suspect a cheap power supply than the motherboard itself,
although it could be either.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego