From:
Michael Wurster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 12:55:36 -0700
Rob,
Is the router a new style BEFSR41 with only 1 row of leds on front (as
opposed to three leds per port)? I had the new style router and it acted
just like yours is. The switch portion seems to work fine, but the router
section didn't seem to work. If a computer was connected directly to the
broadband connection, everything appeared normal. I concluded there was
nothing wrong with the connection or the modem. I had my ISP tech support
go through all the settings on the router to make sure they were all set
correctly and they were. Support concluded the router was faulty. BTW, the
provider doesn't officially support routers so you may not get the same
response. I replaced it with an SMC Barricade and haven't had a problem
since. I found out during this episode that Linksys uses a 900 number for
support which upset me. I never talked to a live tech from Linksys.

If you can find someone who will lend you a known working router you might
be able to troubleshoot your problem that way.
Good luck,
Michael