From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:46:31 -0700
Hi Paul,

You don't mention the operating system.  Windows 98SE had this problem, and
you should be able to find the patch for it at:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

You probably have an ATX case, so pressing the on/off button and releasing
immediately will not do anything.  If you press and hold the button for at
least 10 seconds (sometimes 15 or 20) it should shut down.

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions
Sales - Upgrades - Training - Consulting
"A closed mouth gathers no foot"