From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:43:29 -0700
In general, routers act as a hardware firewall for inbound (only)
messages. Before relying on any router as a firewall, the specifications
for the individual router should be reviewed to verify the built in
firewall. If outbound messages are to be subjected to a firewall,
another firewall is needed.

Tom

Vernon Plumlee wrote:
>    Is it true that a router acts as a hardware "firewall?" Wondered
> about this as my Trend Micro Antivirus is inhibiting Internet explorer
> from activating and thus I've had to turn off the Trend Micro
> Firewall. Also, in the process of installing Trend Micro I was asked
> to turn off the windows firewall. With both firewalls off I had heard
> that the router acts as a hardware firewall and I wanted to confirm
> this with the group. What say y'all ?? Thanks in advance for any
> input. Vern.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com