Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:00:43 +1000
From: "Siva Lokanathan" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2000 7:43 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Computer Clock Running Slow

>         Over the last few weeks I have noticed that my computer clock is
> running slow and needs resetting frequently. I was under the impression
> that this was due to the internal battery having become weak. However, a
> friend of mine says that it's due to a major problem which will require
> replacing of the mother board. I trust that one if the  many experts who
> write to PCBUILd will let me know the correct analysis.
>         Thanks                   Siva Lokanathan

You could try a new CMOS bettery, if it is bettery became weak, there is no
need for a mobo replacement.
If after you replaced a new bettery and it still lossing settings, then the
problem is refer to mobo, and your may need to replace the mobo (if you
don't want to live with it). Anyway, try a new bettery first, it's just few
bucks.

Jun Qian