From:
Westly Montroos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 07:22:32 -0700
Hi,

Right now I'm using windows xp home edition on my laptop. I'm a
student,
and I "may" use the network of the school to use the internet. Pretty
fast internet.
But I don't need to log on the network to use the network or the
internet.
First things I notice;
I can't see the other computers on the network.
I can't see the server.
My first question; which version of Windows (it could be Windows xp
home
or pro or Windows 2000 Pro) is the best one to use on an unknown
network?
I want to protect my laptop and especially my files, so I want to use
the best one. I have many experience with Windows 2000 Pro Edition,
because I used to be a system administrator.
With Windows 2000 Pro I could configure that no one is able to log on
or
to see a drive or a folder on a network. But is this able with Windows
Xp home or pro?
Have a nice day,

Westly M. Montroos
Rielerweg 2