From:
John Hornbuckle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 1998 14:34:22 -0400
>I am considering purchasing a monitor to add to a system I building, and I
>am thinking of the AMPTRON / AMPVIEW, mainly because of price.Does any one
>have any thoughts or bad experiences with this manufacturer, or Monitors?

   I've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean much--there are a ton of
different manufacturers there.
   I will say this in general... Don't let price be your number one
criteria. I've come across some crappy monitors over the years. Even if the
monitor goes bad while it's still under warranty, you may have a tough time
reachins certain manufacturers to get an RMA.
   Personally, I use AcerView monitors with every system I sell unless the
customer requests another specific brand/model. I've been using the
AcerViews for about a year and a half, and haven't had a problem with a
single one yet.

John Hornbuckle

Phoenix Computer Systems, Inc.
114 West Green Street