From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 01:41:29 -0500
Being someone who works for a major ISP's ADSL Tech support here are some
pointers.

If at all possible avoid getting the USB ADSL modems.  Go with an Internal
DSL or The 10 Base T to NIC type of MODEM. You'll need to find out if the
Provider is using a Modem with the Alcatel Chipset or a Lucent.  The
Alcatels will either be the Efficent Networks 4060 or Alcatels Speedtouch
USB Home.  The Major downside to the Alcatels that they are powered by the
USB ports themselves, and if they ports are lower powered, then this modem
will not work. I Strongly recommend the 10BaseT to NIC if they are
available.

--Patrick Black