From:
Dan Kucherich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 20:28:45 -0400
Hi,  have you checked HP's knowledge base yet?  We have a Scanjet 5C (older
HP model) with a SCSI card and we had trouble scanning within Omnipro (OCR).
The fix turned out to be a patch for the program that we downloaded from
Caere.

I would first try reseating the cable on both ends.  Does the mini scanner
icon appear in the systray when Windows starts?

Dan

> Hi lister's,
>
> Until recently my scanner has worked perfectly.  I went to the device
> manager, and the SCSI card is recognized.  Then when it said it could not
> communicate with the scanner, I re-installed the scanner software.  It
still
> will not recognize it.  I do the scanner test from the preferences and it
> communicates with the scanner, when I do the test from the scanner tools
in
> the Program/HP scanjet tool, it says It cannot find the scanner and do I
> want to run it without the scanner.  I am not sure if this is a PCBuild
> question, or a PCSoft, but I thought it might be the SCSI card.  Can
anyone
> tell me how to approach fixing this problem.  I use this scanner in my
> business and cannot be without it.  Thanks in advance.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com