From:
Frank B Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:48:41 -0800
It is hard to make a recommendation, not knowing where you are starting
from.   Assuming you are running a socket seven board now, with a pentium
class processor and a PCI bus, I would think a new mobo, such as a TXPRO or
TXPRO II .... they are inexpensive (about 70 dollars US) and run well.  The
TXPRO II has onboard sound, and 1024k cache.  This board will allow you to
upgrade your processor, if needed, at a later date (up to 300 mhz), and will
accept Intel, AMD, and Cyrix  processors.

If you replace your motherboard, it is ususally a good idea to re-install
Win95 (assuming this is your OS).