Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 00:23:00 +1100
I think it may be a driver problem, I had a Aureal sound card (Diamond
Brand) before my SB live card, when I tested it with win98, it seems fine,
but my home machine is win2K, the card wouldn't work properly, it only plays
(any sound) about 30 seconds, after that the sound became "crappy". If I put
the card back to test machine (at work place) with win98, it works again. I
could only replace the Aureal card with a SB live.

Aureal chip doesn't have good driver support (especially for win2k) in my
opinion.

Jun Qian