From:
Dave Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:37:17 +1300
If I was to replace the motherboard would I have any problems with the
case. It appears to be an ATX case although I find that hard to beleive
with a computer with 120mtz onboard. I suppose the question I need to ask
is do Packard Bell cases allow standard baby at and atx motherboards?

At 05:16 10/02/99 -0800, you wrote:
>  The Packard Bells that I have upgraded in the past have been pretty
>compatible as far as RAM, hard drives and CPUs.  You will need to check the
>board limits for memory and CPU before you purchase your parts because some
>boards only accepted up to 64mb RAM and/or a 133mhz CPU.
>
>I have used EDO SIMMs and in some cases, I believe I was able to upgrade
>PBell Pentiums with a single SIMM rather than a pair!
>
>The IBM line is the name brand computer that has caused me great grief!
>Unless they have changed their ways, the 486 models were almost entirely
>proprietary.
>
>gary r. tennesen
>

>> I may have the opportunity in the very near future to upgrade a Packard
>> Bell puter. It has a Pentium 120mtz processor, 16mb of ram and
>> has Win95 as
>> an operating system.
>> I have read many warnings on the list about Brand name computers being
>> difficult to upgrade. I'd really appreciate anyones thoughts on this kind
>> of an upgrade.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html