From:
Michael Wurster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:44:48 -0700
Preston,
The first thing I'd do is make sure there are no smudges, etc on the disk.
I've had the same situation happen a time or two. It doesn't take much of a
smudge (or scratch) on the area where the file table is kept to render the
disk unreadable. If that doesn't seem to be the case, you may still be able
to recover the files by using a RW file recovery utility. I've never used
one myself (yet) but I understand there are a few freeware utilities out
there. Google ought to locate them for you.

I seriously doubt you have a hardware problem as more than one drive has
trouble with the disk.    Good luck,
Michael

>Is there a way to recover these files or should I just assume they are lost
>and recreate as necessary (i do have relatively current versions of these
>files elsewhere?
>
>Thanks
>Preston

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,