From:
Eric Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 12:52:08 -0500
I don't know much about this specific video card, but I checked out Matrox web
site and discovered that many people are having this problem.  It seems the
Millennium G200 takes SGRAM and NOT SDRAM as an upgrade module.  It seems the
two are the same size and shape and may be purchased in error and obviously
installed in error.

So, are you sure it is an SGRAM module?

If you are sure, then the web site had no further solutions.

Sorry I can't help more.

At 10:39 AM 1/9/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>For Christmas, my mother bought my son a Matrox Millenium G200 video card w/8
>mgs on board memory - upgradable to 16.  She also bought him the 8 mg memory
>module, which he installed, bringing him to a total of 16 mgs.  The problem is
>that the Matrox utility indicates he still only has 8 mgs.  I tried to catch
>the video info when he boots up, but it doesn't appear (strange?) or is just
>to fast for me to see.  How can he determine whether he has the full 16 mgs?
>He has already written to Matrox, but has not received an answer (over a week
>now).  He is 13 and built this PC himself (with a little assistance from mom)
>and it consists of an Asus 440 BX P2B MoBo, Pentium II 300 (Klamath), 128 mgs
>(100) SDRAM, Creative Labs 56 Modem Blaster (PCI, 90V), Memorex 40x CD rom,
>Creative Labs Soundblaster LIVE! and Cambridge Soundwork speakers, NEC
>multisync XV15+ monitor, WD 5.1 ultraDMA hard drive, Logitech mouse, Gravis
>Xterminator gamepad and of course the Millenium G200.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions,
>Wendy Brown
>
>        PCBUILD only works if you contribute. Send your messages
>             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]

Eric

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]