From:
Jack R Payton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 03:05:53 -0400
OK, Joel - O' Mighty One - 'splain this.

If I have Program A installed, but I think Program B (or reinstalling
Prog A, or maybe just no program) would be better for my purposes, how
can I completely unintstall Prog A, so I can install Prog B, or? With a
Goback or WinME Restore program, I can completely "GoBack/Restore" to
some earlier point in time along my compy's time continuum. However, what
if I've installed a couple other programs in the meantime? Will Goback
keep my other programs installed with proper registry entries when I
"Goback" or "Restore" my system to an earlier point just to eliminate
Program A?!

I've used CleanSweep - and occasionally, McAfee's Uninstaller - for
several years with good results - more importantly, few if any bad
results. Both progs let you track both installed/uninstalled files as
well as registry entries. Further, each prog provides extra bennies
besides just erasing all the leftover junk from a program "uninstall" or
"Add/Remove programs." Eg, Cleansweep lets you move a program to a new
location and keep old registry settings so your prog will operate in the
new location. (Try *that* without special software.)
jack payton

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com