From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:08:15 -0500
From: "Richard Hallett" :Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 10:04 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] "bios check sum error"

> New Soyo SY-K7VIA board with 128mb  of PC100 and Athlon 600.  Guide says
> this should run.  Hard disk floppy and cd are connected to the board and
of
> course the video card.
>
> When it is asked to boot it does not but gives this message then goes to
the
> floppy and asks for a system disk.
>
> What dos "bios check sum error" mean.
>
> Thankyou.
>
> Rick

The BIOS generates a check sum value that is used to detect when the
settings in the BIOS have become corrupted or changed.  When you get a "BIOS
Check Sum" error your settings in the CMOS do not match your hardware.  It
appears from your message that this is a new setup and you must go into the
BIOS and set up all of your hardware before you can boot.  If you have
already done this then recheck your settings to make sure they are correct.

Mary Wolden

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html