Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:57:56 -0800
I'm working on my friends computer. a Dell dimension 4600. She picked up a virus and could not get onto windows at all. She could not get her cd to read her restore disk. Since she had been having problems before she okayed a reformat and fresh install. I reformated from my old ME boot floppy but system is not reading the cd or dvd drives at all.  I tried out a cd drive I had laying around and the system also did not read it.

I'm wondering if this could be a problem with the gray connector cord or is there something else I need to do to get the system to read the drives? It will tell me cd rom drive is E but then won't read it. I did scan disk and neither drive showed up. Tried running set up from dos and the dvd drive seemed to read for a moment, then went back to not reading.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml