From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:21:04 -0400
On Thursday 29 April 2004 05:17 pm, David Pray wrote:
> Just bought a computer and need to put a video board in it I have a few AGP
> boards but do not know if they are different than the one I need for the
> ASUS A7V8X-X motherboard it says AGp 8x APG 3.0 in the book are AGP board
> backward compatable. I will buy a good board later but want to try a older
> AGP board to start this computer up. Looking for a answer and maybe a good
> web site to read up on video.
>
> Thank you

David:
I went through this drill last spring when I upgraded to an ASUS A7V8X-X
motherboard, and had to replace my trusty old Matrox G200 Millenium AGP 1.0
card because the A7V8X-X will only work with AGP 2.0 and newer cards. The
original AGP 1.0 cards ran on 3.3 volts, but the newer cards require only 1.5
V. The AGP slot on your motherboard is keyed to prevent the installation of
an old 3.3 V AGP card.

Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: