From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 23:47:39 -0400
Victor,
Sometimes it is advisable (particularly when you are pressed for free IRQs)
to temporarily remove your sound card.  I was having difficulty getting an
ISA Adaptec SCSI controller to work.  I removed the sound card and took IRQ
10 out of PnP and reserved it to ISA in the AMI BIOS.  Installed the SCSI
adapter and booted the system.  After I confirmed that the SCSI controller
and attached devices all worked correctly, I shut down Windows 98 and
re-installed my SB Live sound card.  When the system came up, all devices
worked perfectly.  The SB live card uses IRQs 5 and 9.  It shares 9 with the
USB Host Controller and the Linksys Ethernet card.

HTHs
Jerry Rasmussen
Rasmussen & Bucklin Associates
Coral Springs FL
==================================

I have a little problem with my new Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI
adapter.  Both drives are shown during bootup. So that part is fine except
that Windows doesn't show the drives.
In the 2940's utility the BIOS shows a IRQ9 and cannot be change in the
utility. In Windows when I click on
Properties, then Resources the IRQ setting shows 11 and I was able to
change it to 9 in safe mode. But, My video card, a Viper 550 has IRQ 9
and I can't change it to 11
in Normal or Safe Mode. I need to change something, either video card
IRQ or the Adeptec BIOS IRQ. All other IRQs are being used. HELP
PLEASE!!!!!

Victor Patman