From:
Bradley Marden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:46:59 EST
I have read on this problem a lot lately and yes that could be too high it
sounds like that is 70 F not C? But not to correct the last post

""You should install an exhaust blower,
or if you have a tower with removable sides leave a side
off
""

One a friend of mine has an exhaust and he has not had any help from it. He
actually pulled it out because of how little it did. And two I have read on
overclocking sites that an open case can actually do more harm than good
sometimes. I ran my case open for a while until realized that it made the cpu
run hotter. The reason is poor air flow. When you have the proper fans in
place the air flow does the most help. I have an AMD 1ghz athlon and it is
O/C to 1.1 right now and it runs at 28 c idle and 32 C running 3D games. But
i have a lot of fans. I have a 120 mm in the front, two 80 mm in the back and
side, an Dragon Orb on the CPU. But i have a lot of cables for my three hard
drives and two CD-R and DVD. You normally would not need so much but i would
look in to getting aleast one fan for front or back. Or replace with a little
bigger fan. You might just have to blow out your fans you have now. They can
get clogged with dust. A good site two find fans for cases or CPU is

www.coolerguys.com

I would look at if it is Cel. or Fer. first because 70 F is not that hot.

hope this helps

bradley marden

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com