Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 00:44:13 -0800
OS is XP.  I did change the boot order to boot from cd,  then floppy and finally hd. It booted fine from floppy but nothing from cd.  The drive I tried was working fine when it was replaced, so I am assuming it's good, but it didn't show up at all. I got beeps at start up and a message that the drives were missing.

Sorry, I don't remember the specific error messages. I think e drive  not found-abort/retry/fail when I tried to run from dos.  And when I try and start up with disk in, I get the remove and hit any key to start error.