From:
Dan Dexter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 21:59:47 -0500
On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Dan Meeking wrote:

> Anybody here have any experience (good or bad) with Quantum Bigfoot drives?I'm looking at getting the 12 gig drive for use as a storage drive for all my avis/mpegs/tga/flics that I have around.  The slow performance isn't a concern at all.
> I have had excellent experiences with Quantum IDE drives (SCSI is a whole other can of worms though).  Anybody have any opinions good or bad? Other suggestions for other (cheap) big hard-drives?

IBM has come out with their new Deskstar 16GP (5400 rpm) and 14GXP (7200
rpm) drives.  They each have a maximum capacity of 16.8gig and 14.3gig
respectively.  These are 3.5" form factor UDMA EIDE drives, and should be
much more reliable than the Bigfoot.  I haven't seen them for sale
anywhere yet...

Dan Dexter
mailto:[log in to unmask]