From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 20:39:42 -0400
Christine Wakeham's post (clipped)

 <<<< One other query is that the friend I hope to do this for has a virus on one computer that would need registry editing in order to fix.  What are the chances of transferring the virus to the new computer, if I transfer all his Word and  Excel documents over to the new system?  I don't know what the virus is, because when I try to do a scan, the old computer crashes.>>>>

 Hi,

IMHO  it is very important that you fix this problem before you consider transferring data.  so....

(1)which antivirus software(s) have you tried to scan with.?

(2)what makes you certain that there is a virus/and requires registry edit to fix.

(3)" because when I try to do a scan, the old computer crashes." it will help if you can provide some more details (error msgs etc if any) of what exactly happens. does the system freeze or just shuts down.?

reg. the transfer method and the requirements thereof you will get a lot of advise from the list and is sort of fairly simple.

HTH---Venkat

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com