From:
Michael Pilla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 11:11:57 -0500
Folks,
I could have sworn I saw the solution to this problem posted a while back,
but I could not find it on the archives nor could I find it at the Msoft KB
site.

The problem I have is that once in a while (running Windows XP, SP1) the
update icon appears in the toolbar/task area and it indicates "Downloading
upates: 0%".  Nothing happens.

I recall a solution that involved editing some Registry values.  I did this
to clear up the problem when it first poppep up months ago and it worked.
The problem resurfaced this morning and I cannot find the detailed
instructions to get rid of it.

If anyone can point me to the solution, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Michael Pilla

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com