From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 13:01:19 -0700
Hi,
I had a similar incident the first time I installed Win2k. I thought
it would be safe to reassign the virtual memory to a specific partition
the way we would with Win98, but...
...BUT the drive/partition containing the root directory requires a
minimum value at all times, for booting. However you can allocate
virtual mem to use other partitions in addition to the amount used in
the main (C: for example might have 128MB min & D: might have 256MB
min). So unlike Win98, Win2k has a mandatory min. If that min. drops
low enough the system will not boot.

hope this helps
-yui

                     visit our download web page at: