From:
Frederick Navarro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:19:27 -0700
Question, can you feel by touching your hd that it is spinning internally?
 If you don't feel anything, I haven't tried this though, but I heard from
many people that this works. Try to place your hd in your freezer at least
30 minutes, 1 hour much better and place it back into your PC.
 You can also ask some tips from your supplier if they have experience any
problems like this and what possible remedy did they gave. Hope this helps
 Frederick Navarro
 On 9/19/05, Stephen R Stanfield <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello All, first of all i don't know where subject line went, but not the
> the topic of this query. a few months ago i installed an 80 gb hd on pc.
> old hd was showing signs of failure and was advised by this forum to
> install
> new hd and how. installed new hd and left old hd as slave after copying
> data to new hd. all was well until last week when computer locked up. upon
> re-booting, red screen with 'hard drive not found' i turned it off and let
> it sit for a few hours and pc booted just fine. then messages started
> popping up from security shield-Windows-Delayed Write Failed Windows was
> unable to save all the data for the file E:. The data has been lost. This
> error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network
> connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.
>
> my hd is partioned into two drives. C and D with E being old drive. Can I
> physically remove old hd and resolve problem?
>
> Windows XP Home sp2
> 1.73gh AMD Athlon XP
> 1024 Mb ram
>
> thanx
> stephen r stanfield
>
> PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
> visit our download web page at:
> http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com