From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 23:37:44 -0500
Sounds like the drive has burn-proof or just-link
and the drive burn light is blinking on and off a lot?
Last time my drive burn time went to 4 times as much,
it was because my busmaster drivers got damaged
and DMA was not functioning.  My motherboard uses
VIA chipset drivers for the EIDE channels.
It may not be your problem. Tread lightly fooling with your
busmaster drivers. Sometimes they are hard to repair.
              Rick Glazier