From:
William Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 17:03:37 -0500
Has anybody else experienced this?  Usually I can figure stuff out but this one has me a bit stumped....

I have a user who was repeatedly complaining about the performace of their PC as well as the fact that the printer was going "crazy".  I made several attempts to remedy the problem but it would always seem to come back.  Besides running slow, when attempting to print a <random> document the printer lights would all start flashing and it would print out approx. 5 pages worth of "script" or symbols.  This would fill a few lines of each page.  Same thing with a test page.

When I reformatted the PC I saved some of the documents that the user re-uses <Excel worksheets, Word docs., etc.> on a different partition.

Our anti-virus hasn't found anything within those files... although it was the last "link" I could think of.

The printer is a regular old HP DeskJet 840C <Parallel>, Win98, Compaq PII 400 DeskPro... nothing crazy.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Bill

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml