Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:24:14 -0700
>I recently got a new power supply for my computer, because my
>old one burn, but now that computer turn on, but doesn't turn off at
>shutt down, I'm running windows XP, I have to shutt down manual, I already
>check that connections, I don't hear any weird noises, I don't know
>what's that problem,Can someone help me with this, I'm open to
>suggestions.

Have you checked to make sure that you have set the computer to turn off when you shut down?
RIGHT click on an empty spot on desktop, select "properties" from drop-down menu. This will bring up the screens where you set desktop, screensavers, appearances, etc.
Select "ScreenSaver" tab. Go down to "power monitor" section and click on "power".
Click on "power schemes" and set to "always on", select "never" to the other 3 questions.
Click on "Advanced" tab. go down to where it asks what to do when you push "power button" and select "shut down".
Then click on "Hibernation" tab and make sure "enable hibernation" is NOT clicked.
Click on Apply (at bottom of page) to save changes. then click Ok to close that window and "ok" to close the last window.

Hope this helps,
Darlene Burgess

The FREE service that prevents junk email http://www.mailshell.com

                     visit our download web page at: