From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:56:13 -0400
At 10:40 9/24/98 -0500, Roger James wrote:

>I have two problems: the first one is windows 95 is detecting a pci bridge
>card when in fact I don't have a bridge. Secondly, it is also detecting a
>second pci card, I only have one pci card which is a video graphic card. I
>went through the bios and settings to no avail.  I even try a clean install
>where I reformat the drive and resinstall windows 95 and it keep s tell me
>I have a pci bridge and an extra pci card...

This usually means that you have a chipset on your notherboard that
came out after your version of Windows.

If you have an Intel chipset on your motherboard, you can download
Intel's update file for Win9x that will let Windows correctly detect
and configure the PCI bridge, IDE controllers, and Universal Serial Bus
interface on your computer. (If you run this Intel patch and you don't
have an Intel chipset, or you don't need to update Windows for the one
you have, the program will tell you this and do no harm.)

More information and a link to download the 95 file or the 98 file:

<http://developer.intel.com/design/pcisets/drivers/inf_update.htm>.

Most motherboard manufacturers have a similar file posted on their
website. If your motherboard doesn't use an Intel chipset, maybe
you can get an analagous file from the manufacturer of the board
or the manufacturer of the chipset.

Regards,
Bill

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**