From:
crash dummies ms98 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 16:48:53 -0500
Dear Internet Customer:  We now have 56k access in your area. Please follow
the instructions below to get hooked up to this service.   To make sure
that you can receive maximum performance from our new lines, there are a
couple of criterias that we ask you to meet.

 1) Have a 56k v.90 modem installed on your computer

 2) Have your phone line pass the USRobotics Line Test
To determine the first, you need to consult your hardware documentation or
the hardware manufacturer. If you are unable to determine your modem type,
or are unsure that your 56K modem is at the V.90 standard, please call
Technical Support at

 For the second, visit: http://www.3com.com/56k/need4_56k/linetest.html
<http://www.3com.com/56k/need4_56k/linetest.html> . This will have
instructions on how to conduct the line test, and what results you need to
see to pass the test. If you have difficulty performing the test or reading
the results, please contact Technical Support at

 If you meet both of the criteria, please contact Technical Support to
 receive the new 56K phone number. If you have a 33.6 modem or slower, the
new 56k lines will not make you connection any faster, and in some cases,
may slow it down.

 Thanks,

 System Administrator

this is from my system admin. for checking phone lines the telephone number
will not be useful to anyone but the web site may answer questions about
the quality of your phone lines.
hope it help
bud Burson

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: