From:
"K. Hillyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 May 1998 05:59:08 -0500
Hello List Readers!
Along this line, I have an experience:

A few months ago, I noted that my computer started gaining hours.  This was very
troublesome, considering that it is usually my most convenient clock.  I kept
resetting it, and withing a few minutes, usually 30-60 minutes, the time would
be as much as 3 hours ahead.
 I finally did something about it when I ran to a 9 a.m class, thinking I was
late, to find that it was only a few minutes after 8 a.m.
I  was fortunate, since the board was new (less than 1 month old), I did not
have to focus on problems with the CMOS battery.

My "last resort" solution was to reload Windows (95).  The time has remained
consistent and correct ever since.  I am trying to recall...I think it was a
clean load to a freshly formatted drive. I also reverted from Win95B back to
Win95A.  Please note that this problem was with a P54C Pentium processor and
board.

Is it possible that a virus is causing the time errors?

Kimberly L. Hillyer