From:
"Ryan E. Schutte" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 14:40:08 -0500
Lately, I have been getting the klez virus in my e-mail a lot.  Most
generally, they come in pairs and come from people I have no clue who they
are.  I've been getting probably 2 a day on average for the last
week.  Norton always catches it and I delete the file before I even have a
chance to look at the e-mail, so I don't believe I'm infected.  I have also
done a full system scan with new virus definitions resulting in nothing.

In the last week, I have also gotten 5 e-mails saying that an e-mail I sent
couldn't be delivered and has reference to the klez virus in it.  All of
these of course, give the e-mail address they were supposedly originally
sent to and from.  They were supposedly from me ([log in to unmask]), but
none of the 5 supposed to be recipients are e-mails that I even
recognize.  I have about 150 addresses in my address book, but none of the
ones that I supposedly sent are in my address book and nobody has said that
they've gotten a virus from me that I do write to.  I don't believe I am
infected and that the virus is going through my address book because of this.

My question....

Has this been happening to anyone else?  The reason I'm writing now, is my
sister got 3 of this same thing.... returned undeliverable e-mails from
her, to people we have no clue who they are - totally different
computer.  The three supposedly from her were spam e-mails - the 5
supposedly from me didn't have anything 'readable' in them.

What could cause this?  Are people sending spam starting to send things
under other people's e-mail addresses now?

--
Ryan E. Schutte
Owner - KawreS

KawreS - The SuperStore for all your needs and prices that you will love!

The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at
doing what they most enjoy. -- Malcomb Forbes