From:
Jeff McConnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:13:47 -0500
One more thing to check.  I get blue screens if I install the drivers to my
sb-live after installing everything else, because of the Legacy DOS support,
which uses an IRQ and usually causes a conflict.

Try installing the Sound Card first, and then disable the Legacy DOS
support.   This will free up the IRQ, then you can install the rest of your
equipment.  Even though I could probably leave DOS support active and work
around it, the feature is really useless to most people and not worth using
up an IRQ.  I wish creative would allow you to choose whether or not to
install DOS support in the driver install.

Jeff