From:
Andy Dowling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 06:39:53 -0500
Hi thanks for the advice given so far.
My PSU is 350 Watt, so i dont think that is the problem. I have tried running Mem-Test but no matter what it freezes at 56% every time. (i tried it on our other 2 PC`s and it ran OK so i know it`s not the program or floppy) I have now installed 512 MB DDR Ram from another PC but still the problem persists. The other program you sugested i download also causes the PC to freeze. I have installed Norton System Works Pro and run all the programs on that today, that has incresed the time to about 10 mins before the PC crashes when playing a DVD. The system has 5 fans in total running to keep the system cool so i do not think it is overheating, and it will happen no matter how long the PC has been switched on? Is it worth swapping my motherboard or is that going in the wrong direction?
Thanks once again for any advice.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml