From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 01:43:06 -0500
What is the Operating system?
What kind of computer? How old?
Do data CDs/DVDs work?
Do the drives show in My Computer/Explorer?
What program do you use for for playing music? DVDs?
If XP, what Autorun options are selected? (Right-click the drive, look
under the Autorun tab).
Do the CDs work in safe mode?
Try opening Windows media Player, use "File/Open" and navigate to the CD.

Terry Holder wrote:
> Help! Our computer recently decided to quit taking CD's or DVD's. On  some  PC
> games if they were already downloaded, they will play. It will  not play music
> CD's, which made me miss my Christmas music and CD's for doing  my  taxes
> won't load. I tried rolling back a month. That lasted one day.  The  auto run
> for
> the C and D drive won't even come up.
> What are we  doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>                           Terry Holder
>
>               The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                      support at our newest website:

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads