From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:31:58 +0200
Hello All

I have a number of questions that I need to ask and they all relate to the
same 'computer'.

I'll only ask 2 related questions here.

I have a few parts that I have assembled together that could make up a
working computer.

The parts consist of old components that I decided I wanted to create a
living for and then
possibly set a small Linux server on that machine.

My first question relates to the motherboard specifically. I am trying to
identify what
type of motherboard I have. Now I thought that there would be some kind of
identification
on the motherboard itself. Any suggestions on this one.

It is a P1 motherboard with Intel chipsets on the board. There is some kind
of a number on it,
but searching the web suggests a sound card.......FPM P5VX/512.

I have come across a few sites that assist in the identification using the
BIOS. Trouble is
I know the BIOS battery needs replacing so I can't even boot the machine at
the moment.

Ultimately, I'd be looking for manual for this mobo so that I can overclock
it.

Is there a way to find out who the manufacturer of the board is without
checking the BIOS?

Thanks
Brendon

                     visit our download web page at: