From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:18:12 -0600
At 07:30 AM 4/10/2002, Brock Hughes wrote:
>ok Y'all will you get better life from your system from just leaving it on 24 / 7
>or shuting it down every day.....

Actually, I have never seen any "really definitive" data that would
support either option over the other.   Personally, I have three PCs
here in my office that run 24/7 for years and I have never had a problem
that could be associated with this practice.

I have also built hundreds of rackmount servers for clients over
the years and these machines do in deed run 24/7.  What is inside
a server is the same type of motherboard, processor and ram in
your PC...  yes, they do have additional fans and move a great
deal of air through them, but as long as your PC is kept well
ventilated with air movement, you should have no problems.

    Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group, Inc.
   http://freepctech.com

                     support at our newest website: